Rules for Submission
Please make sure that your artwork meets the following criteria. AOR’s Executive Director and Artists Selection Committee visit throughout the festival to ensure compliance. Artists will be asked to remove all work that is not compliant. A single application representing multiple bodies of work in the same material must proportionately reflect what the Artist intends to exhibit.
• Artwork must be original, designed and produced by, or under the direct supervision of you, the exhibiting artist.
• Images must accurately represent the artist’s work that will be exhibited.
• The work must be representative of the images selected through the jury process.
• Artists may only show work in categories and body of work selected by the jury.
• One image must be of the booth display, entries will not be considered without a booth image.
• In the case of reproduction work, you are expected to adhere to the 80% original, 20% reproduction on site rules and all reproduction work must clearly state that it is so. This does not apply to photography or bronze sculpture.
• No commercial reproductions or embellished commercial products are allowed. Work done by a production studio is not acceptable.
• No posters, postcards, note cards or promotion products.
• If you produce work in editions, you must disclose edition numbers.
• Images by artists who have been selected to exhibit will be used by the Art on the Rockies Festival for purposes of marketing, publicity and on-site judging.
• Artists must be present with their work for the 3-day festival. If the work is collaborative, each artist must be present.
• Up to 120 artists will exhibit in the festival
• The jury is conducted by a panel of three art professionals, plus a judge specific to jewelry.
• Each juror is given guidelines for selection based on excellence in concept, quality, workmanship, and aesthetics.
• Individual jury members assign points from 1-5 for each five-image presents. Points are totaled and those artists with the highest total in each category are selected to exhibit.
• A wait list of juried artists will be maintained for each category.
• Notification of jury results will by sent via email through Zapp
The 2018 Art on the Rockies Festival is located on the scenic campus of Colorado Mountain College. The event is a three day fine art market starting
Friday, July 10 - 10am - 5pm,
Sat., July 11 - 10am - 5pm
Sun., July 12 - 10am - 5pm
Now in its 10th year, the Art on the Rockies Festival was voted the best festival in the Vail Daily readers poll. It is growing into a premiere, destination arts festival, known for the quality of art and first class treatment of both its artists and its guests. With Vail's Rocky Mountain backdrop and glorious summer weather to compliment the event, the festival attracts more than 8000 seasonal and year round residents and tourists. The festival showcases 120 fine artists from around the country.
The Vail Valley Arts League promotes awareness of the arts, supports artists, and builds community in the greater Vail Valley. Their proceeds from the Silent Auction, festival community events goes towards community arts programs.
Admission to the festival is free.
ARTIST APPLICATIONS are through
HOWEVER we do accept applications beyond that date at the discretion of management please call Kelsey Siggins 480-304-0885
• Laminated booth signs
• Exhibitor ID badges
Friday Evening Welcome to the Mountains cookout